Aggressive truck and motorcycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada
Aggressive San Diego Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or your loved one were in a motorcycle or truck accident, you need to obtain experienced legal help. The at-fault party’s insurance company will likely corner you with a settlement offer. Unfortunately, insurance companies often seek a quick resolution without taking into account accident victims’ long-term medical needs and other damages associated with the accident.
At the Law Offices of Michael I. Gowdey, Ltd., we offer more than 18 years of experience handling personal injury claims throughout Nevada and Southern California. We provide strong advocacy and legal counsel focused on helping our clients obtain a full financial recovery. All of our personal injury claims are prepared for a favorable trial verdict. Our comprehensive approach often prompts insurance companies to make large settlement offers, knowing we are fully prepared to prove fault in a trial.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation with a highly skilled Las Vegas motorcycle and truck accident lawyer. All of our personal injury claims are handled on a contingency basis, meaning you will owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.
Pursuing Maximum Compensation for Motorcycle and Truck Accident Victims
The aftermath of a traumatic motorcycle or truck accident can be fraught with physical, emotional, and financial challenges. If you have sustained a serious debilitating injury, chances are you will require ongoing medical care and treatment. Your road to recovery may even prevent you from returning to work for an indefinite period of time.
At the Law Offices of Michael I. Gowdey, Ltd., we are committed to pursuing financial recovery for all the losses you have incurred and may incur in the future, some of which may include:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy expenses
- Emotional distress and suffering
- Permanent disability
- Actual value of lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Vehicle repairs
- Cost of necessary medical/accessibility modifications to home
- Loss of marital relationship/consortium
- Funeral expenses
The severity of your injury will certainly impact the amount of compensation you may be entitled to. Personal injury attorney Michael Gowdey will consult with a variety of experts who can testify about the nature and extent of your physical impairment, including:
- Medical professionals who can offer a diagnosis and prognosis to support your claim.
- Economic/vocational experts who can explain how your medical condition has impacted your livelihood. Financial authorities can crunch the numbers to conclusively illustrate how an injury will economically impact your life in the immediate future and over the long term.
Devastating Injuries Caused By Motorcycle and Truck Accidents
Motorcycle and truck accidents represent some of the most devastating and deadly
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Soft Tissue Injuries (STI) – Contusions, Strains, and Sprains
- Road rash
- Bone fractures
- Skin burns
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Spinal cord damage
- Nerve damage/amputation
- Cognitive difficulties
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Determining the Cause of Catastrophic and Fatal Trucking Accidents
The sheer size of semi trucks often carrying heavy and flammable materials can create a great risk for motorists, especially when safety regulations are overlooked. If you or your loved one was the victim of a semi accident, we would act quickly to determine the cause of the accident so we can hold the at-fault parties accountable.
Personal injury attorney Michael I. Gowdey is available to conduct a thorough investigation before critical evidence disappears. Our legal team will evaluate wreckage from the 18-wheeler crash while reviewing police reports and witness statements. When liability factors remain unclear, we can consult accident scene reconstructionists to piece together the series of events just before the tractor trailer accident occurred.
We also seek to subpoena evidence from the trucking company including log books, fuel tickets, maintenance records or dispatch sheets. Our legal team evaluates as much evidence as possible to determine liability, such as:
- At-fault truck drivers — driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding or driving recklessly, driving with few rest breaks to meet their weekly quotas
- Negligent truck company — failing to properly train new truck drivers, encouraging drivers to meet unrealistic quotas, failing to properly supervise drivers and failing to maintain the trucks
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Amongst all vehicular accidents on the road, those involving motorcycles having the highest risk of serious or fatal injury. Motorcyclists have little or no protection between them and the road, making them the most vulnerable. There’s an unfair misconception that motorcyclists are daredevils who knowingly put themselves at risk of getting into an accident. The truth is, the vast majority of them operate their motorcycle in a very safe and responsible manner.
One of the leading causes of motorcycle crashes is due to the negligence of other drivers on the road. Examples of driving negligently include:
- Tailgating, crowding, speeding, and other forms of aggressive driving
- Pulling in front of motorcycle
- Hitting from behind
- Failing to yield the right of way at intersections
- Failing to signal when turning or changing lanes, not checking mirrors or blind spots for smaller vehicles
- Trying to share lane with motorcycle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Besides driver negligence, other factors can contribute to motorcycle accidents including:
- Poor road conditions
- Poorly designed or maintained roads; potholes, crumbling or uneven pavement
- A federal, state or local government agency could potentially be held liable if bad road conditions caused the crash.
- Motorcycle Defects: Faulty handlebars, bad welds, loose nuts
- The manufacturer or distributor of the part could be held responsible in a product liability lawsuit.
Contact Our Law Firm’s Personal Injury Attorney
If you or your loved one was in a motorcycle or truck accident, contact our Las Vegas law firm today to schedule a free initial consultation. We offer strong advocacy and legal counsel to help clients with personal injury and fatal accident claims obtain a full financial recovery.